Edwin Gyamfi - Head, Asset Management
Mr. Edwin Gyamfi is the Head of Asset Management and has over 11 years of Investment Banking experience. Prior to his appointment, he was the Senior Portfolio Manager at the Asset Management Department of Republic Investments. He’s been involved in the design of customized investment solutions, private wealth and pension fund management, and continues to be very instrumental in many corporate business development leads. Edwin’s role encompasses exploration of investment options, risk and intrinsic opportunities, portfolio construction and monitoring, sector allocation strategies and stock picking. Prior to joining the company in 2007; he had worked with The Teachers’ Fund as an officer responsible for monitoring and evaluation of loan applications and repayments, Benefits administration for fund contributors, amongst others.
- MBA (Finance) Wisconsin International University College
- BSc. Administration (Banking and Finance), University of Ghana Business School
- Ghana Securities Industry Certificate - Ghana Stock Exchange
- Improved risk assessment procedures for on-boarding of clients
- Successfully deployed funds under management to various counter-parties resulting in zero default risk
- Enhanced the generation of additional income for funds under management through secondary market transactions
- Overseen the implementation of the adopted risk-based approach to pension fund management and other investment portfolios to ensure sound risk management
- Significantly improved asset selection and performance of funds under management
- Proven track record of delivering highly effective new business presentations that retain key clients and enable significant growth in Assets under Management.